Master of Advanced Studies in Toxicology
This postgraduate programme is aimed at students already holding a Master’s degree in Toxicology or in a related field (Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Human Medicine or Veterinary Medicine) who are already in employment or wish to pursue a career in toxicology. It is a two year part-time study programme consisting of four day teaching blocks every three weeks over three semesters and requires students to write a Master’s thesis. Successful completion of the course is recognised as providing the theoretical knowledge for professional registration as a toxicologist by EUROTOX.
The next MAS in Toxicology programme starts September 2018
- This is a 2 year programme in compliance with European Standards (90 ECTS credits).
- The programme consists of 14 modules corresponding to 16 weeks of teaching (60 ECTS credits) - each module is completed with an examination.
- A Masters thesis (30 ECTS credits) in an academic, regulatory or industrial environment corresponding to ca. 14 weeks (full time basis) is required to be completed.
- There is the option to take the full course over two cycles i. e. over 4 years.
- Individual modules can be attended with free-student status if places are available. However, Part A of Module 1 must be completed and passed before attending any other module.
- Teaching is in English.
- The programme is run by the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Sciences and Medicine, University of Geneva, University of Lausanne in collaboration with the Swiss Centre for Applied Human Toxicology (SCAHT).
For details on the admissions criteria, tuition fees, enrolment and the proposed course programme please visit this website or contact the course co-ordinators Dr. Caroline Samer and Dr. Marc Fathi (Tel. +41 22 372 99 34, email@example.com).